Sunday, January 06, 2008

First FO of 2008!

YAY! i am seriously doing a happy dance!
My Little Lady E is now finished, all the ends are sewn in and i can tell you it is toasty warm and scrumptious!
I bought a second ball from an internet store(can't remember which one now, but i know the service was good!) and when it turned up it had the same dyelot, what are the chances of that :oD
My plan was to knit one ball to the end, then put it to one side, then knit the second ball to the end and then join the two in the middle - well, i know what i am like with big projects and believe me, this scarf to me is a biiiiiig project *lol*
It kind of worked, and i must say in the dreary night-time lighting it looks bloody good, but we shall see what daylight brings *lol*
I love the Marble but i have a couple of grumps - firstly, there were three joins in the second ball, none of which managed to stay in colour sequence, luckily with this project it doesn't matter too much as it's pretty much patchwork anyway and secondly there were certain colour sections that were more of a DK weight than a chunky weight, and the yarn feels stretched and "hard" for want of a better word. I would definitely think twice before knitting a garment in it but for blankets/shawls/cushions it's perfick :oD
I shall endeavour to take photos tomorrow if the light is good enough and if i can stop wearing it long enough to get a picture ;o)
I am going to allow myself to cast on a pair of socks and i will knit them exclusively until they are done and then i shall tackle one of my many unfinished projects. It's kind of a resolution but as i don't make them it's not really ;o) I just want to get rid of some of the UFOs i have hanging around and i'm not allowed to cast on anything new until one is finished. Peach mohair shawl anyone? *lol*

No comments: