I've been Exploring New Pathways as a Sock Knitter ;o)
This is the first practice sock that i made while i was pondering where to go next with the small child fair-isle hat.
As socks go the construction is very out there! There are no gusset increases, the increases are across the front of the foot instead, and the heel flap is under the foot and not on the back of it - it's just crazy! :oD
I'm not sure i could wear this style of sock comfortably to be honest but i will try the Little Coriolis Sock next and see how that comes out.
Sheepie seems to like it though :oD

4 comments:
Cute sock! Sheepie's rather fetching too. :)
I love the constructions in that book. I've made the Ridgeline for me, and the Riverbed for hubby. Both turned out great with a really good fit. Next stop for me is going to be a Coriolis. I haven't made up my mind whether I like the look of the cuff-down patterns yet, but I'll probably be trying them out at some point.
I read on Ali's blog about this construction. I'm getting the book for Christmas so will have to give it a try.
Good news about your mum hun! :)
Nice sock, the sheep looks rather cute!! Good news about your mum :) I've just started the SK dark tower series and am only on book 2 though!!
Thanks all *hugs*
CJ, i am a HUGE fan of the Dark Tower books and after my current book i'll be reading them through from the beginning again - i'm hoping that i'll be getting a companion book to the series for Christmas, if i do then i'll be locking myself away for a month and reading all seven books back to back :oD
Post a Comment