Thursday, July 08, 2010

A trip to Dorking...


Lisa and i had a little drive out to Dorking yesterday to visit The Quilt Room, it's a fabulous little shop that is just crammed full of fabric, books and anything else you may need for your patchwork project.
Last time i went i bought the bag pattern and yesterday i succumbed to some fabric, i just love the design and it comes in a myriad of colours, i also bought a pack of 80/20 wadding to give my bag some strength ;o)

I'm hoping to get to work on it next week, the rest of this week will be spent making sure we have everything we need for our first weekend away camping in what seems like forever but is actually only 11 weeks... actually, given the frequency of past years, 11 weeks is a blumming long time for us!!
We had a trial run in the van last weekend when we camped outside a friend's house after their housewarming party but this will be our first trip out with the tinted windows, fitted curtains and new paint job :oD

I can't wait!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

tinted windows??? LOL are you the Mafia? Have you seen the vodafone VW camper van that Jenson and lewis used today to get to Silverstone? - I'll see if I can share it on facebook. It's awesome (although a little shiny and new looking really)

franney said...

LOL
The tinted windows are just for a bit of privacy, they look really good with the colour of the van too :oD

I shall track down your link on FB, i think i may have just seen something

LisaG said...

That fabric is tres fabulous, can't wait to see progress.

Have a lovely time camping :-)