Monday, March 23, 2009

A sunny afternoon in...


Kingston!

with some strange art...


a very pretty marketplace...


Some lovely churches (and Action Squirrel)...


and a very pretty shopping centre which had me fascinated for my entire trip through it.
I love that roof!!
However, my reason for going was a failure! They used to have a good sized fabric market but unfortunately it has now dwindled to one fabric stall which didn't have anything at all suitable for the van, luckily though i got chatting to the haberdashery man and he told me that there are four fabric stalls in Bromley market on Thursday which is a heck of a lot closer than Kingston. I am really proud of myself though, i made it there and back with no satnav, no maps, no directions, no nothing. I just followed the signs :oD
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

I always used to do my Christmas shopping in Kingston...... it is a very pretty town. At least it was a nice place to visit anyway!

kathryn said...

I love Kingston, it's only 10 mins from dd2's home so I get to shop there quite a lot (not as often as I would like however). It's hard finding good fabric shops these days.