Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A very Happy New Year!

Well, what with holidaying over the New Year down in Newquay and managing to fall foul of a flu while there i have just about managed to drag myself off the sofa and try to resume that thing called "life"

I'm not making any resolutions, but i do want to try and change some aspects of my life. I need to declutter and reorganise and i need to learn how to manage the housework so that it doesn't end up being a huge amount of effort. Little and often i think will be the key. I might try for a timetable type thing, if i can just get into the habit of dusting or hoovering every day then it will make it all the more manageable, of course, i need to get started first and the house needs some major tidying and cleaning to give me a good base to work from.

The log cabin blankie is coming along well but i've not managed any knitting for a week and i'm getting a bit itchy to do some now so hopefully i'll settle back into that this afternoon and it'll soon be finished and then i can get on with some WIPs! I really want to get the blue camping shawl finished too and i have a couple of odd socks that need partners. Once they're out of the way i shall concentrate on other things. I really want to knit the figure of eight shawl, the laceweight has been maturing in stash since i bought it at Ally Pally and i keep putting it off for some reason, but i absolutely love the shawl and want to have it to wear this summer.

Well, my head has returned to mush and i am struggling to type from within this fog so i'm back off to the sofa to catch up with my Christmas telly. I hope you have a healthy and happy 2009 and that you enjoyed seeing the new year in, however you did it!

*HUGS*
fran x

3 comments:

Joy said...

A Happy New Year to you too Franney - I do hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy New Year, may meet you again in 2009!

franney said...

Thankyou ladies :o)