Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas has come early!


my tree!
Posted by Picasa

I'm off to Southend today to visit with my family and friends and to have a little bit of an early Christmas! We're meeting up for dinner and a quiz and some present swapping. I can't wait!!
I shall be taking the new van and dropping people home afterwards, after all, what's the point of having a mini-bus if you don't make the most of it?! I shall do my best not to prang it like i did the Golf yesterday :o(

It was so stupid, the car had got cold and didn't want to start, every time i got it started it died again and i was getting myself into a right tiz cos my friend had moved his car so i could come off his drive so i was rushing a bit and when i got it going and pulled off the drive i came out the opposite way to how i went on and had to drive past his camper. Unfortunately i misjudged it and as i came past the rear bumper it caught on my rear wheel arch. After some panicked steering wheel manouveres we managed to guide it off as his bumper had actually gone right inside the wheel arch, and i now have a big dent and scratch on my rear wing :o(
I wouldn't mind, but his camper is a VW LT and it's as big as a HOUSE! So stupid, and i'm never going to live it down either. Bloke took a look this morning and came back and said "a scratch!" and then wandered off muttering about how big the van was :o(
Still, it could be worse couldn't it, i could have hit the front passenger wing instead in which case i'd have no car left at all!! :oD

Anyway, back to Christmas!! I put the decorations up on Sunday, i wrote the cards on Monday but haven't put them in the post yet! ::oooops:: and i wrapped the pressies on Tuesday :oD
Today i have to track down some Krispy Kreme Christmas cards, i've been ringing and ringing and nobody wants to answer their phone to me!!
SUCCESS! Bromley have some so i shall nip off there before i head off to Southend, not going to tell Bloke though, it'll be a surprise present for him on Christmas Day ;o)

I love giving people presents, actually i probably like choosing the present more than i like giving it! I usually gauge it wrong with Bloke, and get him something that i think he'll like but which he actually hates but this year i've played it safe and got him a big, fluffy, new bathrobe. He complained a bit when he tried it on... it's too big... it's brown... but i'm hoping that he secretly likes it...

I'm easily pleased, i'm getting some DVDs of much-loved children's programmes - Ivor the Engine, Bagpuss and Mr.Benn. I'll be regressing in no time, i might even go over the park for a swing. Do parks still have swings or are they too dangerous as well now? ;o)

Anyway, i'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas, take care of yourselves and i hope the nasty bugs stay away xx

2 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Merry Christmas to you too hun. Have a fabulous pre-CHristmas Christmas, and do drive carefully!! ;-) !!

Linda said...

Do you know, I sometimes worry about how similar our likes are! I have Ivor the Engine, etc. on DVD and LOVE them (DH gives me pitying looks when I'm watching them, but who cares?!) I love regressing too! :0)

Sorry to hear about your prang. :0( You can bet that if your DH had done this, you wouldn't hear another word about it. ;0) DH rolled his car over when he was younger and bragged about it for years - I caught my wing on a post ONCE in 20 years of driving and haven't lived it down yet. *rolls eyes* It's a man thing!

Anyway, I hope you have an excellent Christmas!

xx