So i've joined in with NO-vember and decided that this month the only new thing i am allowed to cast on will be my socks for the SAM. I didn't really get off to a good start as i wanted to make an extra gift for a swap as i have ballsed it up and missed her birthday and not only that but the parcel has to get to America yet :o(
So, i cast on some of the gorgeous Debbie Bliss cashmerino DK that came on Friday (Thursday? Who knows!) from The Knitting Parlour and started a pair of handwarmers on the way to Santa Pod on Friday. I got one done up to the thumb then realised i didn't have any other yarn with me so couldn't do that special thing for the thumb gusset! DOH! Still, i was clever *giggling* and started the second one from the inside of the ball! YAY! I got lots done on the drive home too and finished them off tonight which means the parcel can go off tomorrow :oD
This also means NO-vember is properly underway and to start it off i picked up the Fish Blankie and sewed in all the ends, so that is now finished, i just have to decide whether to give it to him now or wait til Christmas. Hmmmmm, he's a tiny baby, i doubt he'll be very aware that he's getting Chrimble pressies so i may pop round this week and see if he likes it :oD
Next up was the Clapotis! I started it months ago and then got caught up with other knitting so it's nice to pick it up again and know that i may well finish it this month :o)
I'm doing it narrower than the pattern suggests as i don't know how much yarn i have and i'd rather have a long narrow one than a short wide one (OOOOERRRRRR Missus!!) and tonight i dropped my first stitch :oD
It was fun! I'm just glad i have obviously knitted it correctly as it unravelled down to the edge and didn't go any further ;o)
One down, many more to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment