Wednesday, February 28, 2007

With one day to spare...


lombard-done
Originally uploaded by franneyk.
The Lombards are finished!! *doing a happy dance*
I LOVE merino! They feel SO soft, my feet feel like they are being cuddled :oD
I'm a bit annoyed that i took such a long break from knitting on them really, after making such good progress in the first few days of the month i didn't pick them up again until Saturday and it's taken me since then to finish the feet. I think the slow progress has been down to the purling of the sole stiches and the fact that i am using such small needles, i sometimes wish i didn't knit so loosely!!
So, that's my February socks finished, casting on for March we have Springtime in Paris and i am going to use my February Club yarn :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Franney, the socks look fab! Nice to meet you last week - hope you'll join the regulars and knit at Stash on Saturday again soon :-) Jan

Anonymous said...

Your Lombards look absolutely fantastic! The pattern is so beautiful, and I really love the colour of the yarn that you used! Great job!

Miss Me said...

Just looking at the pattern - it just didn't speak to me, but your luscious red socks have made me look again!

franney said...

Thankyou very much ladies :o)
Jan, it was lovely to meet you too and i hope i can make it there again this year! For someone who doesn't do anything i appear to have lots of weekends taken in the next few months!

MissMe, it's a great pattern, easy to follow, as long as you read the instructions properly (i may not have done *lol*)

Dipsy, Thankyou! It's a gorgeous yarn, the colour is so vivid and it feels so soft. I can't wait to wear them today! :oD